PDA

View Full Version : Question

Kris
08-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Hi, I'm new on this board;no I'm not making this a newb post. I would just like to ask a few questions, which have probley already been answerd but due to my ISP some of the post did not up load.My questions are Whats your take on Religon? as to being striaght edge. I'm coming from an undifned Sub culture I was Goth, I had music and everything the typcial 'goth' need to survive, and i realized the supidity of taking part in a sub culture that was so undifined you couldn't make two goths agree on what goth is. So if it isn't any troubel I wouldn't mind knowing the outline of straight edge, so far i know its absence from addictions and premisous sex and the liking of hardcore, is there anything else that i'm messing or is this pretty much it. And this may seem like a silly question but fashion? Is it still ok to wear my fishnets and such or what have you?

-Kris

I'm going to feel really dumb if all that was in the faq =\

xsecx
08-03-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Kris
Hi, I'm new on this board;no I'm not making this a newb post. I would just like to ask a few questions, which have probley already been answerd but due to my ISP some of the post did not up load.My questions are Whats your take on Religon? as to being striaght edge. I'm coming from an undifned Sub culture I was Goth, I had music and everything the typcial 'goth' need to survive, and i realized the supidity of taking part in a sub culture that was so undifined you couldn't make two goths agree on what goth is. So if it isn't any troubel I wouldn't mind knowing the outline of straight edge, so far i know its absence from addictions and premisous sex and the liking of hardcore, is there anything else that i'm messing or is this pretty much it. And this may seem like a silly question but fashion? Is it still ok to wear my fishnets and such or what have you?

-Kris

I'm going to feel really dumb if all that was in the faq =\

there is a faq, just not the one here.

This is a good place to look first.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/cultures/straight-edge-faq/

Kris
08-03-2004, 09:29 PM
every thing is well described, its just the clothing issue wasn't really expliand. I like my black cargos and sweaters and plain darker color clothing, i've always had an atraction to them and i can't skate for my life lol does this matter though?

straightXed
08-04-2004, 04:07 AM
every thing is well described, its just the clothing issue wasn't really expliand. I like my black cargos and sweaters and plain darker color clothing, i've always had an atraction to them and i can't skate for my life lol does this matter though?

some skaters can't skate for their life, it has never mattered.

xvunderx
08-04-2004, 07:37 AM

It's not like Goth, although there are some aspects that make their way into clothing, fashion is not that important at all. it seems more about identifying markers than it does a "look" or "costume"

xsecx
08-04-2004, 08:58 AM

what does skating have to do with anything?

and there is no clothing issue.

Kris
08-04-2004, 09:43 AM
From reading the faq

And thanks for the answers

xsecx
08-04-2004, 09:47 AM
From reading the faq

And thanks for the answers

people do both, but there are also vegans that are edge too. they're not mutually inclusive.

Kris
08-04-2004, 11:09 AM
Another question I have is whats the deal behind "those people with shoulder length black hair" I have shoulder leangth black hair lol; actuly its "blue black"

straightXed
08-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Another question I have is whats the deal behind "those people with shoulder length black hair" I have shoulder leangth black hair lol; actuly its "blue black"

whats the deal with that?

xsecx
08-04-2004, 01:01 PM

and now you're just sounding like a troll.

Kris
08-04-2004, 02:52 PM
There was a comment about Long haired people, i was wondering what that was about.

Trolling is a waste of time.

Originally posted by AxZxHxC
yeah, its the same pretty much everywhere right now. Im the only kid within a 150 mile radius that still wears mens jeans, doesnt have long dyed black hair, and a white belt. I usually wear khaki or camo shorts, adidas or saucony (sometimes nike), a x watch, a nice short posi top cut, and band shirts. and i have a black hoodie for when it gets chilly (which is rare in AZ). The closest thing to fashioncore i might have is this custom belt buckle that says "XRYANX" but i got it for mostly a joke, i hardly ever wear it.

xsecx
08-04-2004, 02:55 PM
There was a comment about Long haired people, i was wondering what that was about.

Trolling is a waste of time.

what comment where?

And you shoudln't take things literally and need to stop thinking in terms of goth. for the most part what matters is what you don't do and what you listen to.

Kris
08-04-2004, 02:56 PM
I edited my comment, i have the qoute in there now.

xvunderx
08-04-2004, 03:44 PM
I edited my comment, i have the qoute in there now.

You need to relax on the image stuff, it's not important, it's not what edge is about.

As for the Trolling comment, parts of this post sound a lot like certain kids from Totsee or what ever it's called.

Kris
08-04-2004, 04:01 PM
Whats Totsee?

xsecx
08-05-2004, 01:38 PM
Whats Totsee?

drug use message board.