PDA

View Full Version : ...Confused...

TheSecretNinja
02-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Hello all,
I'm kinda confused about everything. I want to be straight edge, but can I? I don't do any type of drugs anymore(cept caffeine, if you count that) and don't have sex, but here is my point, what about everything other than sexual intercourse? I don't want to go into graphic details or anything lol. But yeah. So I basically do everything but home base, am I straight edge? I go to all the local hXc shows, and local sXe bands too. ...Confused...

xsecx
02-07-2005, 12:49 PM
Hello all,
I'm kinda confused about everything. I want to be straight edge, but can I? I don't do any type of drugs anymore(cept caffeine, if you count that) and don't have sex, but here is my point, what about everything other than sexual intercourse? I don't want to go into graphic details or anything lol. But yeah. So I basically do everything but home base, am I straight edge? I go to all the local hXc shows, and local sXe bands too. ...Confused...
what makes you think that you're not?

TheSecretNinja
02-07-2005, 12:52 PM
what makes you think that you're not?
I'm not sure, its just I don't want to be something I'm not lol. I don't want to cheat all the other sXe kids and say I'm sXe but I'm really not. I guess thats why maybe?

TheSecretNinja
02-07-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure, its just I don't want to be something I'm not lol. I don't want to cheat all the other sXe kids and say I'm sXe but I'm really not. I guess thats why maybe?
I meant to say I dont want to say I'm something I'm really not instead of I don't want to be something I'm not . << >>, the little things bug me.

xsecx
02-07-2005, 01:04 PM
well. what do you think straight edge is? and what makes someone straight edge? and why do you think that?

TheSecretNinja
02-07-2005, 01:31 PM
well. what do you think straight edge is? and what makes someone straight edge? and why do you think that?
Well, what I have been told straight edge was, is no nothing,and has really been beat down because most of my crowd of friends are not straight edge at all. The drugs and passing out everywhere all the time gets really old. Basically I'm tired of all that. So what I think is straight edge is No mind altering substances, such as alcohol and marijuana etc. Thats what I think it is. I don't plan on having sex, but to me thats a diffrent topic. What makes somone straight edge? I think it's the ability to say, "Fuck that, that's ignorant," and put your foot down and be who you want to be. Is that relatively in the same ball park? I'm in two local bands in my area, and there are drugs everywhere. My bandmates are always getting stoned, and fucking up shows because of it. Really annoying, when you're wanting to succeed.

xsecx
02-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Well, what I have been told straight edge was, is no nothing,and has really been beat down because most of my crowd of friends are not straight edge at all. The drugs and passing out everywhere all the time gets really old. Basically I'm tired of all that. So what I think is straight edge is No mind altering substances, such as alcohol and marijuana etc. Thats what I think it is. I don't plan on having sex, but to me thats a diffrent topic. What makes somone straight edge? I think it's the ability to say, "Fuck that, that's ignorant," and put your foot down and be who you want to be. Is that relatively in the same ball park? I'm in two local bands in my area, and there are drugs everywhere. My bandmates are always getting stoned, and fucking up shows because of it. Really annoying, when you're wanting to succeed.
your view of what straight edge is, is the same as most people here dude. you're not confused. now go put on some champion and enjoy the day.

TheSecretNinja
02-07-2005, 01:39 PM
your view of what straight edge is, is the same as most people here dude. you're not confused. now go put on some champion and enjoy the day.
Haha, thanks a ton. ~.^

Straightedgecat
02-09-2005, 07:54 PM
that conversation was inspiring.. really.. im glad that you have made the right choice.. Have a good one

xdiemydarlingx
02-20-2005, 04:21 AM
Hey, this is my first post. I wanted to ask the same kind of question as ThisSecretNinja (sorry if it gets old for you guys!). I've never tried any drugs, never wanted to. Have drank occasionally, but never been drunk. Tried a couple of cigarettes, but never smoked, and I'm in a sexual relationship at the moment. Recently, going away with a big group of friends, and seeing how they all acted when drunk/high made me realise anew how disgusting it was. I don't understand the mentality that my friends have - that you have to be completely wasted, damaging your mind, body and relationships to have fun. What's wrong with wanting to enjoy a show sober? I don't get why people can't see what damage they're doing to themselves. I like to have dignity and self-respect, not end up in a gutter puking over myself. As a reaction to this, I have decided not to drink at all (even though I only drank very little anyway, as I never believed in losing control), never to smoke again, and definately not try any drugs. As for sex, I would never sleep with anyone I'm not in a stable relationship with (although I wouldn't wait for marriage as I don't believe in it.) This is my reaction/stand against the self-destructiveness of my peers, although I'm not sure if it's appropriate to label myself Edge, or not. In a way, I'm not keen to give myself a label, especially if it's not the right one to give.

I'd appreciate any opinions/help on this. Thank you.

SgtD
02-20-2005, 08:57 AM
go you!

xdiemydarlingx
02-20-2005, 10:51 AM
go you!
Who? Me?

xsecx
02-20-2005, 10:51 AM
Hey, this is my first post. I wanted to ask the same kind of question as ThisSecretNinja (sorry if it gets old for you guys!). I've never tried any drugs, never wanted to. Have drank occasionally, but never been drunk. Tried a couple of cigarettes, but never smoked, and I'm in a sexual relationship at the moment. Recently, going away with a big group of friends, and seeing how they all acted when drunk/high made me realise anew how disgusting it was. I don't understand the mentality that my friends have - that you have to be completely wasted, damaging your mind, body and relationships to have fun. What's wrong with wanting to enjoy a show sober? I don't get why people can't see what damage they're doing to themselves. I like to have dignity and self-respect, not end up in a gutter puking over myself. As a reaction to this, I have decided not to drink at all (even though I only drank very little anyway, as I never believed in losing control), never to smoke again, and definately not try any drugs. As for sex, I would never sleep with anyone I'm not in a stable relationship with (although I wouldn't wait for marriage as I don't believe in it.) This is my reaction/stand against the self-destructiveness of my peers, although I'm not sure if it's appropriate to label myself Edge, or not. In a way, I'm not keen to give myself a label, especially if it's not the right one to give.

I'd appreciate any opinions/help on this. Thank you.
sounds like you're edge to me.

however, I wouldn't get too caught up about the sex part, since a lot of people and most people here, don't really think sexual behavior has anything to do with edge and is people taking part of the lyrics of one song seriously, while ignoring the second part of the same song.

xdiemydarlingx
02-20-2005, 10:52 AM
sounds like you're edge to me.

however, I wouldn't get too caught up about the sex part, since a lot of people and most people here, don't really think sexual behavior has anything to do with edge and is people taking part of the lyrics of one song seriously, while ignoring the second part of the same song.
Thanks for the help. x

SgtD
02-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Who? Me?
yeah, you!

xdiemydarlingx
02-20-2005, 02:07 PM
yeah, you!
...In that case - thanks! :)

Xjust beX
03-12-2005, 12:35 AM
I have a couple questions too, someone please explain. Every friend that i have thinks that sXe is a group of people who don't do drugs and that like to go around and start fights with people who aren't sXe. I know what sXe is and all about what it stands for because I myself am Sxe. But why does everyone get the idea that straightXedgers hate everyone else and they live to beat up crackheads. A person i know said that we only claim to be sXe for attention. How can people be so mixed up about something complex but yet so simple?

linsee
03-12-2005, 12:53 AM
I have a couple questions too, someone please explain. Every friend that i have thinks that sXe is a group of people who don't do drugs and that like to go around and start fights with people who aren't sXe. I know what sXe is and all about what it stands for because I myself am Sxe. But why does everyone get the idea that straightXedgers hate everyone else and they live to beat up crackheads. A person i know said that we only claim to be sXe for attention. How can people be so mixed up about something complex but yet so simple?

because it does happen. there's edge kids out there that will do shit like that. but there's also drinkers that like to fuck with edge kids. so it goes both ways.

Xjust beX
03-12-2005, 12:09 PM
because it does happen. there's edge kids out there that will do shit like that. but there's also drinkers that like to fuck with edge kids. so it goes both ways.

O i understand that. Why is it that I'm not supposed to talk about edge with anyone. Well i dont know if im not supposed to but my friends that are edge tell me not too. I have only been edge for a little while and I'm not a sell out, but my friends tell me that i don't even have the right to talk about being edge with anyone yet. Whats up with that?

teenager?
03-28-2005, 04:25 PM
straight edge is about a serious lot more than just abstaining from drugs.

it is about rejecting dependancy; addiction.

go to third, sure, but make it with somebody that you love and are committed to.

otherwise youre nearly as bad as your drug addict friends.

though a lot of edgers see it as okay to have sex, and have caffeine, it really is about looking at the *reasons* you do these things. are you having sex (oral or otherwise) because you feel you need it? because you want to fit in, or have people like you more?

im not making assumptions at all, just to be clear, simply posing some rhetorical questions that i think everyone should take into account -- a lot more than whether you go to shows or something.

djay
03-28-2005, 06:26 PM
in my opinion..and i think im not the only one thinking that way, sXe isn't about rules...its about an ideal you give yourself, its a philosophy in which one is getting rid of mind changing poisons, if i may call them that way.
yeah, the main lines remains no drug no alcohol...but you dont need to be vegan, and you can have sex...but try to keep it for real engagements. I had sex, but it was with a real loved one...not with the first who came to me.
and for that ''sXe kids starting fights'' thing...well, i dont hit people because they're drinking...drunk people usually fight more than sXe people lol
hope you take my opinion as a good one guys.

jeremy