PDA

View Full Version : I have a question.

purple_sahire
03-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Does being emo have anything to do with being straight edge?

Xx-Ky-xX
03-03-2005, 08:49 PM
NO!!!!! AHH EMO!!! lol no offence to ya if your emo though i just personaly dont like it.

purple_sahire
03-03-2005, 08:53 PM
I was not sure if i was emo cuz i didnt know if it was the same as straight edge. someone told me it was so i was not sure.

Xx-Ky-xX
03-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Well emo is all like emotional and emo bands that i know dont really do anything to show that they are sxe

purple_sahire
03-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Well, i like some emo bands, like emery, but anyways, i just heard that when sxe started, it started with emo kids. like at emo concerts when they put x's on thier hands so they couldnt by alcohol and stuff. and thoughs emo kids adapted the sxe life style. thats what i was told. thats why i asked the question ^

Xx-Ky-xX
03-03-2005, 09:32 PM
From what i know it started from hardcore bands. Check this site out will explain alot>>>http://www.straightedge.com/whatissxe.html

xvunderx
03-04-2005, 07:59 AM
sXe has nothing to do with emo.

SXE started in, and continues to exist with in hardcore.

One of the guys given the most credit for starting Straight edge later started one of the big early emo bands. He also quickly distanced himself from straight edge.

Emo and edge have pretty much nothing to do with each other. In fact alof of emo bands seem to like the smoking and drowning of sorrows.

purple_sahire
03-05-2005, 12:23 PM
hey that makes sense. thnx

xdaddydaycorex
03-06-2005, 01:18 PM
out of context slightly, but who here likes the emo band sunny day real estate? i think they are pretty rad. check em out. http://www.subpop.com/bands/sdre/website/sdreflash.htm

xsecx
03-06-2005, 03:18 PM
out of context slightly, but who here likes the emo band sunny day real estate? i think they are pretty rad. check em out. http://www.subpop.com/bands/sdre/website/sdreflash.htm
worst thing anyone from brotherhood went on to do.

xdaddydaycorex
03-07-2005, 12:41 PM
worst thing anyone from brotherhood went on to do.

well if you were hoping for more brotherhoodesque tunes , then yes sdre would be a dissapointment , but if you are just looking for a cool sounding emo band, i think they are pretty great. by the way, thanks, i never realized someone from the 'hood was in sdre.

xsecx
03-07-2005, 12:47 PM
well if you were hoping for more brotherhoodesque tunes , then yes sdre would be a dissapointment , but if you are just looking for a cool sounding emo band, i think they are pretty great. by the way, thanks, i never realized someone from the 'hood was in sdre.
cool and emo sounding band does not compute.

xdaddydaycorex
03-07-2005, 12:50 PM
cool and emo sounding band does not compute.
d, are you saying you no likey any emo?

xdaddydaycorex
03-07-2005, 12:53 PM
i didnt even really know what emo was before this site. turns out i have been listening to it for awhile with such bands as fugazi and sunny day. for some reason i had thought emo was way softer like weezer or travis or something like that. it was after viv's brief history of emo that i realized i like it.

xsecx
03-07-2005, 01:02 PM
d, are you saying you no likey any emo?
with the exception of embrace and rites of spring, no.