PDA

View Full Version : so the april 2005 issue of AP

linsee
03-19-2005, 02:36 AM
has a 10 page spread about hardcore. its actually pretty interesting to read, at least the opinions of people they interviewed(like jake bannon and chris wrenn). bands profiled in it are: comeback kid, bane,champion, paint it black, most precious blood, terror, the promise, bury your dead, bars, mental, minus, no innocent victim, outbreak, righteous jams, throwdown, and triple threat.

they have a "five essential youth crew albums" list.

chain of strength "the one thing that still holds true"
gorilla biscuits "start today"
inside out "no spiritual surrender"
turning point "1988-1991"
youth of today "break down the walls"

they also list a "crucial cut" from each of those albums.

after reading that i feel like hardcore just got packaged up in a tidy box.

SgtD
03-19-2005, 09:20 AM
what's ap?

straightXed
03-19-2005, 10:14 AM
has a 10 page spread about hardcore. its actually pretty interesting to read, at least the opinions of people they interviewed(like jake bannon and chris wrenn). bands profiled in it are: comeback kid, bane,champion, paint it black, most precious blood, terror, the promise, bury your dead, bars, mental, minus, no innocent victim, outbreak, righteous jams, throwdown, and triple threat.

Wait, no judge? Send me a copy.

xsecx
03-19-2005, 10:34 AM

it's been coming though. it'll either flop or it'll get huge and ruin it.

turning point wasn't that good. their hardecore stuff was generic and their "emo" stuff was good but that was only a handful of songs.
inside out was a 7" not an album. it was good but I wouldn't call it essential.
and chain was fake. Side by side or brotherhood should have been included. even bold.

SgtD
03-19-2005, 10:47 AM
what's ap?
?

xsecx
03-19-2005, 10:49 AM
what's ap?
alternative press

SgtD
03-19-2005, 12:07 PM
i wish we had something like that over here. we only have "metal hammer" which is full of (have you guessed it yet?!) metal. i like metal, but there's no other genre in it, which sucks

linsee
03-19-2005, 12:49 PM
i wish we had something like that over here. we only have "metal hammer" which is full of (have you guessed it yet?!) metal. i like metal, but there's no other genre in it, which sucks

AP is usually full of pop punk stuff, this is the first time its had a big hardcore spread.

linsee
03-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Wait, no judge? Send me a copy.

i will, i got you one.

straightXed
03-19-2005, 01:46 PM

My old band was in metal hammer!!!

straightXed
03-19-2005, 01:52 PM
i will, i got you one.

Thank you

xLAST STANDx
04-05-2005, 01:47 AM
i heard it was a complete fucking joke. calling it the trend of 2005. go ahead and think thats great. just one more way to make it a fad and fucking ruin it. bandanas,faux hawks and 18v have already started it, now this is just gonna add on.

xJoeyNormalx
04-05-2005, 03:05 AM
Metal Hammer recently did an article on Straight Edge. It was fucking terrible.

I also had the misfortune of reading their readers' poll results. The verdict: Trendy pseudo-metalcore bullshit in tight pants is the new thing for mall-metal bitches. Oh, and Slipknot ranked in both the best and worst band lists...