PDA

View Full Version : then what?

drughate_vegan
09-09-2005, 04:55 AM
i have a serious question.
why do you promote straightedge?
and what does that promotion mean to you?

xsecx
09-09-2005, 08:27 AM

why do you continually ask questions that you have no intention of actually discussing?

kelly
09-09-2005, 09:51 AM
Who's promoting straightedge? I thought we were discussing it.

flame_still_burns
09-09-2005, 10:00 AM
do i promote straight edge?

i suppose the only way that i promote it is by being involved in the scene. by being openly psyched that i have been and still am involved in something that i think is a great thing. i don't preach, nor do i care if people are straight edge. i actually think the term straight edge is getting watered down by people who have no idea what it really is. ie: a girl that my wife knows saying, i totally have to be straight edge for the next few months while i'm in this really hard class at school... that shit makes me wanna explode.

stepinsideissue
09-09-2005, 04:16 PM

sXe, sXe, get your sXe, right here, get it while it's hot.
sXe, sXe, get your sXe, right here, get it while it's hot.

Dumb ass.

Hows that for showing emotion?

drughate_vegan
09-09-2005, 11:24 PM
so, you don't want to promote sXe?
you wouldn't want more people to be involved with the movement?
more people in the scene and drug-free?
no?
and yes, xsecx, i am discussing it.

straightXed
09-10-2005, 01:02 AM
no?

Who with? The points your discussing were brought up by you.

drughate_vegan
09-10-2005, 01:47 AM
Who with? The points your discussing were brought up by you.
i speak to everyone.

xsecx
09-10-2005, 08:31 AM
i speak to everyone.

well no, you're not addressing what people have said to you, at all actually.

straightXed
09-10-2005, 11:01 AM
i speak to everyone.

And listen to no one?

stepinsideissue
09-10-2005, 04:37 PM
no?

Yes we all spend our free time out on the streets like army recruiters trying to get people to join us like we're some club or gang. This isn't a church bible study. We're not trying to get people to jump on the band wagon. What seriously is the point of going out to get people to be sXe and hXc if they don't want to and have no intention of sticking with that life long commitment. Get a clue kid. Get a clue.

drughate_vegan
09-14-2005, 10:38 PM
Yes we all spend our free time out on the streets like army recruiters trying to get people to join us like we're some club or gang. This isn't a church bible study. We're not trying to get people to jump on the band wagon. What seriously is the point of going out to get people to be sXe and hXc if they don't want to and have no intention of sticking with that life long commitment. Get a clue kid. Get a clue.
that's not my question.
ok.. if you want sxe to succeed as a positive movement, what do you do in order to progress that role?
there.. that better?
oh wait-- that's the same thing as promoting it!

XvagueprophetX
09-15-2005, 10:54 AM
that's not my question.
ok.. if you want sxe to succeed as a positive movement, what do you do in order to progress that role?
there.. that better?
oh wait-- that's the same thing as promoting it!
a strong movement promotes itself. all its members need to do is keep it strong. that means keeping it consistant with its fundamentals and not allowing it to become watered down by far out interpretations.

drughate_vegan
09-17-2005, 11:37 PM
a strong movement promotes itself. all its members need to do is keep it strong. that means keeping it consistant with its fundamentals and not allowing it to become watered down by far out interpretations.
right on.

stepinsideissue
09-18-2005, 10:03 AM

And by going to the shows to support all those kick ass bands. Go sing along, go dance, go buy the albums.

XvagueprophetX
09-18-2005, 11:09 AM
And by going to the shows to support all those kick ass bands. Go sing along, go dance, go buy the albums.
yeah, like i said "fundamentals"...