PDA

View Full Version : Intolerance

straight sam
12-26-2005, 05:56 AM
I´m sXe since the beginning of this autumn. Because of this there are some people who think that I´m just a poser and that I want to be different... I think it doesn´t matter how long you´ve been edge, if you made the decision you´re edge. Is there intolerance in your countries too or is this just a swiss phenomenon?

Liefde
12-26-2005, 06:21 AM
My father saw my computer and it had information on sXe which I was reading, he then thought I was joining some cult or something ^^. He started lecturing me on how everyone wants to belong to something, and how these 'cults' try to manipulate you and so on and so forth. All I could do was laugh ^_^.. don't worry it is naturalin many places for people to reject what you are doing.

SgtD
12-26-2005, 09:25 AM
I´m sXe since the beginning of this autumn. Because of this there are some people who think that I´m just a poser and that I want to be different... I think it doesn´t matter how long you´ve been edge, if you made the decision you´re edge. Is there intolerance in your countries too or is this just a swiss phenomenon?
time will prove everything. and what do you mean by teh swiss phenomenon?

Fod
12-26-2005, 10:19 AM
I think he meant is intolerance against Straight edge just a swiss phenomenon. And I would say no. Most people who know what it is have strong feelings about it. It just depends on the person on wether or not those feelings are positive.

straight sam
01-19-2006, 05:28 AM
nearly got knocked down last weekend because of my hand x´es... stupid people

Hardkorekid3
01-19-2006, 03:55 PM
People here are pretty acceptive of the straight edge way..
At least for the most part.
There are a few people who dislike it,
but not enough to start drama over it.

straightXed
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
nearly got knocked down last weekend because of my hand x´es... stupid people

Knocked down how?

pittstonjoma
01-20-2006, 03:37 PM
I think most people here are totally clueless about straight edge.. but somehow my dad knows what it means.

straight sam
01-21-2006, 04:35 AM
been at a show, and somehow some of those stupid drunk "punks" had a problem with me being edge... three guys wanted to (beat? I hate my f****n English ) because the x´es on my hand (fist)

xRodboi!x
01-22-2006, 06:25 AM
been at a show, and somehow some of those stupid drunk "punks" had a problem with me being edge... three guys wanted to (beat? I hate my f****n English ) because the x´es on my hand (fist)
for my part,some people respect my decision by considering it wise,others(my friends) try to convince me to smoke joints again and bother me,saying that it is stupid to be edge;i answer em that it's my fuckin choice,that i don't need drugs to get happy any more and that i'm not telling them to quit smoking and drinking,as they try to convince me to use their shit again

ps:do you speak french?

straight sam
01-29-2006, 03:15 PM
yeah, I speak french, mais seulement un peu :-K I live in switzerland and I´ve been learning french for six years

straight sam
02-15-2006, 03:13 PM
but the weirdest thing is that even some edgers are really intolerant. I drank and smoked shit before I became straight edge, so they say now that I just wanna be straight edge cause it´s cool and they also say that I´ll stop being edge after some months... I think it´s a sad thing if people are that arrogant and intolerant...

SgtD
02-15-2006, 03:17 PM
but the weirdest thing is that even some edgers are really intolerant. I drank and smoked shit before I became straight edge, so they say now that I just wanna be straight edge cause it´s cool and they also say that I´ll stop being edge after some months... I think it´s a sad thing if people are that arrogant and intolerant...
i wouldn't call that intolerant. some people are like that,you'll prove yourself with time. and just to let you know, a lot of people became eedge because they experienced how drugs can fuck you up, not because it's teh cool thing.

straight sam
02-16-2006, 03:08 AM
and just to let you know, a lot of people became eedge because they experienced how drugs can fuck you up, not because it's teh cool thing.

that´s what I wanted to tell, my version should have sounded a bit sarcastic, but I obviously didn´t manage

collin
02-16-2006, 09:46 AM
guys, the world is always going to be intolerant to new ideas. but as long as some people still hold the belief, all the intolerance in the world shouldn't matter.

SgtD
02-16-2006, 09:57 AM
guys, the world is always going to be intolerant to new ideas. but as long as some people still hold the belief, all the intolerance in the world shouldn't matter.
speaking of beliefs, you can't be christian and sxe

collin
02-16-2006, 10:06 AM
why not?

SgtD
02-16-2006, 10:12 AM
why not?
simply because you say that god is flawless, and you say that drinking is wrong.

this has been talked about a lot here. reply here
http://sxe.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2697&page=14&highlight=can%27t+be+christian+edge

collin
02-16-2006, 10:27 AM
well why wouldn't god be flawless? that's what makes him God. And drinking isn't always wrong. I think that drinking is theoretically ok, as long as you remain sober, and the drink has a purpose. (ex. Communion) However, i choose to abstain from the intake of any drugs, unless my health is dependent upon something that a doctor perscribes.

straightXed
02-16-2006, 02:34 PM
well why wouldn't god be flawless? that's what makes him God. And drinking isn't always wrong. I think that drinking is theoretically ok, as long as you remain sober, and the drink has a purpose. (ex. Communion) However, i choose to abstain from the intake of any drugs, unless my health is dependent upon something that a doctor perscribes.

Then you can't be straight edge.

straightXed
02-16-2006, 02:41 PM

Of course it should matter, i'm very intollerant of racism, sexism, homophobia and lots of other negative ideas. The intolerance should matter enough to have an effect on the act that people are intolerant of, what however is more important is being justified in your intolerance.

collin
02-16-2006, 02:41 PM
and why not? i abstain from all drugs and alcohol, and the only drug i've taken over the past year is because i had a tumor in my kidney.

straightXed
02-16-2006, 03:09 PM
and why not? i abstain from all drugs and alcohol, and the only drug i've taken over the past year is because i had a tumor in my kidney.

Because you are claiming to be christian, because you think that drinking is ok, because you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

xsecx
02-16-2006, 09:13 PM

the basis of straight edge isn't a new idea.

LdsJonessXe
02-17-2006, 11:09 PM
you guys should leave the topic of christianity and sXe alone people have difrent secs of christanity there are so many difrent views on it that for you to catagorize it as one is redicules
people will aways find things to pick out

as to the topic of christ and alchol
i dont care about what was right for someone 2000 years ago i concern myself with what is okay for me in my day

stepinsideissue
02-18-2006, 01:03 AM
you guys should leave the topic of christianity and sXe alone people have difrent secs of christanity there are so many difrent views on it that for you to catagorize it as one is redicules

i dont care about what was right for someone 2000 years ago i concern myself with what is okay for me in my day

There maybe diffrent secs but it is still all Christianity. In Christianity Christ is with out sin and drank reguardless of what sec or personal beliefs you may have. As a sXe person you are against and the two ideas very much contradict each other.

xvunderx
02-18-2006, 07:42 AM
There maybe diffrent secs

No there is only one xSecx ha haaa!

xsecx
02-18-2006, 07:45 AM

there's only one bible and only one set of text that claim to have the legitimate and accurate word of christ. so regardless of the sect it still boils down to the basic point.

xbustedx
02-18-2006, 05:55 PM
People here are pretty acceptive of the straight edge way..
At least for the most part.
There are a few people who dislike it,
but not enough to start drama over it.

sorry to be off topic. but...why must you spell hardcore with a K?

stepinsideissue
02-19-2006, 12:22 AM
sorry to be off topic. but...why must you spell hardcore with a K?

Because you can't spell it with a B or a W.

SgtD
02-19-2006, 02:32 AM
No there is only one xSecx ha haaa!
this cracked me up. by the way, nice new avatar

xbustedx
02-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Because you can't spell it with a B or a W.

.........I don't get it.

XshiXnyX
03-13-2006, 08:55 PM

Hey man, everyone has to start SOME time