PDA

View Full Version : Straight Edge; or not straight edge...

PaulT
01-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Sex, drugs and rock and roll. Or, if your straight edge, just rock and roll. Yeah, rock and roll kicks ass. Sex? Drugs? Well, I do them alot, and I think they just might be ok too. I'm not straight edge. I'm simply bringing a message from...the other side.

There are millions of kids who smoke a little pot on the weekends, have sex maybe threee or four times throughout highschool, or whatever. Some kids are potheads, some are sluts. Whatever. That's life.

Stoners live alot more on the "Edge" than you "Straight Edge" people, their hobby is drugs, not rock and roll. To get their fullfilment they break the law everyday. Oh, well, maybe you listen to really hardcore music, but your not better than stoners who risk jail and fines just to enjoy their hobby.

Marijuana is one of the safest substances known to man. The worst vices are cigarettes and alcohol, and driving cars while drunk. Smoking pot is relatively benign. You should know realize this, because most pot heads are accepting of any group of people, even people as misguided as the straight edge movement.

The "Hardcore" rockers I know all take a huge amount of drugs and drink gallons of booze. I live around Boston. Musicians are inspired by drugs.

All of the music you listen to is influenced by musicians who have used drugs.

Thanks for listening to my opinion. I respect your group, I don't hate you, I'm just different. Thanks for reading.

straightXed
01-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Sex, drugs and rock and roll. Or, if your straight edge, just rock and roll. Yeah, rock and roll kicks ass. Sex? Drugs? Well, I do them alot, and I think they just might be ok too. I'm not straight edge. I'm simply bringing a message from...the other side.

I don't like rock and roll and i obviously don't like drugs, sex isn't a bad thing at all though. What makes you think we need a message from the other side that comes from someone who does drugs. You obviously think they are ok and yoiu are welcome to make your own choices in life, but what do you think your message is going to achieve with a bunch of inteligent people who have come to their own choice on drugs?

There are millions of kids who smoke a little pot on the weekends, have sex maybe threee or four times throughout highschool, or whatever. Some kids are potheads, some are sluts. Whatever. That's life.

Yeah thats life, i hope they enjoy smoking weed, whats it got to do with people who don't want to smoke weed?

Stoners live alot more on the "Edge" than you "Straight Edge" people, their hobby is drugs, not rock and roll. To get their fullfilment they break the law everyday. Oh, well, maybe you listen to really hardcore music, but your not better than stoners who risk jail and fines just to enjoy their hobby.

But i am better, theres nothing good about breaking the law and as i can enjoy my time without breaking the law it makes me a better citizen. Also risking time in jail to smoke a weed just as a hobby seems a bit stupid. If that opinion upsets you please remember that this is a website made up of people who don't support drugs and that is actually a polite response. So listening to hardcore doesn't make us better but rational thought and living within the law does.

Marijuana is one of the safest substances known to man. The worst vices are cigarettes and alcohol, and driving cars while drunk. Smoking pot is relatively benign. You should know realize this, because most pot heads are accepting of any group of people, even people as misguided as the straight edge movement.

Marijuana isn't anywhere near the safest substance known to man, but in drug terms it doesn't rank that highly. You are obviously someone who champions marijuana, thats great but this is not really the sort of place to champion it. Pot heads aren't all accepting and many really do not accept straightedge people, however pot heads are usually misguided so that explains that.

The "Hardcore" rockers I know all take a huge amount of drugs and drink gallons of booze. I live around Boston. Musicians are inspired by drugs.

If you look more into the history of hardcore you will realise that it was less about influence and more about reaction. Musicians are inspired by all kinds of things, like war, school shootings, suicide, flowers, rape, nature, society, politics, dog shit, movies, other music, conspiracy theorys, positive change, sports, attitudes, friendships, love, news articles etc. Point being where one artists draws an inspiration doesn't automatically transcend to the next artist. I once made a painting and i drew some inspiration from a painting of a sunset landscape from a by gone era, i only looked at the way two colours mixed and set each other off (it was a deep magenta and a really sharp yellow), but i had no interest in the landscape or the sunset.

Thanks for listening to my opinion. I respect your group, I don't hate you, I'm just different. Thanks for reading.

I don't hate you either and hopefully you will realise that opinions held here will go against yours and that in itself doesn't equate to hate.

rodrigo
01-28-2006, 12:58 PM
Marijuana is one of the safest substances known to man. The worst vices are cigarettes and alcohol, and driving cars while drunk.

try driving cars when you're stoned

so?
the hardcore rockers that i know dont take 'em, so we're even

maybe, but that doesnt mean that we al should do that. humanity has been influenced by many things, including killing, alienation, racism, the sex pistols... but that doesnt make 'em correct

you're welcome. i dont hate you and i dont think im better than you because you do drugs so this statement

your not better than stoners who risk jail and fines just to enjoy their hobby.
doesnt make sense... to me at least

xsecx
01-28-2006, 01:02 PM

the other side is the vast majority of the world, so you really think we need to know about it? Especially since most people who are edge have smoked, drank and did drugs in the past?

and that's why you're wasting your time.

the edge part of straight edge means advantage, as in I've got the straight edge. I don't see how doing anything over risking jail and fines wouldn't make someone better than someone that doesn't?

how is marijuana any safer than tobacco? People as misguided as the straight edge movement? How exactly are we misguided?

what "hardcore" rockers do you know? So you're friends with Mental and Righteous Jams? And all the Bridge 9 guys?

only in the sense that all music is influenced by other music. All of the music you listen to is also influenced by musicians who haven't used drugs. OH SHIT.

you respect our group but refer to us as misguided?

Liefde
01-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Other people have come "from the other side" and gave us similar posts. What exactly do you expect to achieve ? We made our choices, you made yours....

xRodboi!x
01-29-2006, 09:07 AM
i do think it's fuckin' stupid to think that breaking the law coz u do drugs makes you better than someone.

xbustedx
01-29-2006, 06:15 PM
weather or weather not you choose to do drugs is your business. and so I am going to bring a message from this side. Yes Alcohol is bad but worse than Pot no. It alters your mind in the same way. If you want one day. Drive drunk and another Drive stoned. and see on which day you will be a better driver. And I don't give a fuck if stoners risk getting put in jail everyday so they can try and escape their problems by smoking a joint. if they BREAK THE LAW I don't care if marijuna is a natural or safe substance (which it is not) THEY SHOULD SPEND TIME IN PRISON! so don't come and tell me that my beliefs are off line. When yours involve breaking laws and potentially hurting other individuals.

stepinsideissue
01-29-2006, 06:28 PM
weather or weather not you choose to do drugs is your business. and so I am going to bring a message from this side. Yes Alcohol is bad but worse than Pot no. It alters your mind in the same way. If you want one day. Drive drunk and another Drive stoned. and see on which day you will be a better driver. And I don't give a fuck if stoners risk getting put in jail everyday so they can try and escape their problems by smoking a joint. if they BREAK THE LAW I don't care if marijuna is a natural or safe substance (which it is not) THEY SHOULD SPEND TIME IN PRISON! so don't come and tell me that my beliefs are off line. When yours involve breaking laws and potentially hurting other individuals.

So EVERY drug user should spend time in prison? Don't you think that American prisons are over populated with drug offenders instead of the people that really deserve to be there?

xsecx
01-29-2006, 08:51 PM

how is marijuana not safe?

xbustedx
01-29-2006, 09:09 PM
So EVERY drug user should spend time in prison? Don't you think that American prisons are over populated with drug offenders instead of the people that really deserve to be there?

yes. in my opinion every single person that does drugs should be put in prison.And maybe the prisons are filled to the brink, and that is what makes what I said an inprobablility. But if you break the law you should spend time in prison or should have a consequence that is equal to your crime. And by people that "deserve" to be there who are you refering to? Muderers? Rapists? they desrerve to be in prison yes. but so do people that break ANY other law. and its not like they are going to give a spot in prison to somebody that was busted for smoking a joint over somebody who killed someone or raped someone.

xbustedx
01-29-2006, 09:10 PM
how is marijuana not safe?

for the same reasons and ONLY to the extent that alcohol is not safe in certain circumstances.

xsecx
01-29-2006, 09:18 PM
for the same reasons and ONLY to the extent that alcohol is not safe in certain circumstances.

well no. alcohol consumption has a shitload of side effects on the body and regular usage has negative effects, the same isn't said for marijuana. So if you're whole thing is that it's not safe to smoke dope and drive translates to it not being safe, that's not quite true.

xbustedx
01-29-2006, 09:28 PM
well no. alcohol consumption has a shitload of side effects on the body and regular usage has negative effects, the same isn't said for marijuana. So if you're whole thing is that it's not safe to smoke dope and drive translates to it not being safe, that's not quite true.

okay the way I mean to use safety was safety towards others (sorry for the confusion) I wasn't talking about the safety of the person smoking or drinking.

stepinsideissue
01-30-2006, 09:30 PM
yes. in my opinion every single person that does drugs should be put in prison.And maybe the prisons are filled to the brink, and that is what makes what I said an inprobablility. But if you break the law you should spend time in prison or should have a consequence that is equal to your crime. And by people that "deserve" to be there who are you refering to? Muderers? Rapists? they desrerve to be in prison yes. but so do people that break ANY other law. and its not like they are going to give a spot in prison to somebody that was busted for smoking a joint over somebody who killed someone or raped someone.

What about the addicts that can't control themselves. Why not an institutionalized rehab instead of prison.

xbustedx
01-30-2006, 09:45 PM
What about the addicts that can't control themselves. Why not an institutionalized rehab instead of prison.

actually many of them DO get put in an institution instead of prison.

straightXed
01-31-2006, 12:21 PM
actually many of them DO get put in an institution instead of prison.

Yeah but you would rather they were jailed so what they DO get is irrelevent.

xbustedx
01-31-2006, 09:08 PM

I didn't say that they should all be put in prison and not recieve the proper treatment. but in my opinion if you break a law you should have to recieve a punishment equal to the crime you have commited.

stepinsideissue
01-31-2006, 09:19 PM
I didn't say that they should all be put in prison and not recieve the proper treatment. but in my opinion if you break a law you should have to recieve a punishment equal to the crime you have commited.

But addicts who go to prison for habitual use offenses go to prison and never really get the treatment they need and just get out and go back to drugs and never really solve the problem.

stepinsideissue
01-31-2006, 09:21 PM

Just out of curiousity what is your opnion Ed?

xbustedx
01-31-2006, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=stepinsideissue]But addicts who go to prison for habitual use offenses go to prison and never really get the treatment they need and just get out and go back to drugs and never really solve the problem.[/QUOTE

well maybe there should be some kind of addition to their sentence/program w/e that allows them/a family member to apply for more specialized help.

I am not debating that they do need help other than prison I am merely saying "you break the law, you go to jail" thats all.

stepinsideissue
01-31-2006, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=stepinsideissue]But addicts who go to prison for habitual use offenses go to prison and never really get the treatment they need and just get out and go back to drugs and never really solve the problem.[/QUOTE

well maybe there should be some kind of addition to their sentence/program w/e that allows them/a family member to apply for more specialized help.

I am not debating that they do need help other than prison I am merely saying "you break the law, you go to jail" thats all.

Instead of typing my quote you can just hit the quote button.

I'm with you that if you break the law you should be punished. That the punishment should fit the crime. If these people are institutioanlized they lose much of thier freedoms like they were in jail. Part of jail is to rehabilitate the offender into a working law abiding citizen in society. If they don't recieve the drug rehab they continue the cycle and fill up prison space that could very easily be used for others. The prisons are over crowded and the system doesn't work. Child molesters and rapists are back in society and they are the ones that should be in prison. And you can't say they aren't or we wouldn't have sex offender lists or web sites.

straightXed
02-01-2006, 07:50 AM

"if they BREAK THE LAW I don't care if marijuna is a natural or safe substance (which it is not) THEY SHOULD SPEND TIME IN PRISON!"

"yes. in my opinion every single person that does drugs should be put in prison."

This means you are contradicting yourself.

straightXed
02-01-2006, 07:57 AM

Actually thats not all, its not as black and white as you break the law and go to jail. Certain laws are broken with the intention of stopping other laws being broken, other laws are in place that if enforced at all times would waste a lot of time and money and be completely impractical.

straightXed
02-01-2006, 07:57 AM
Just out of curiousity what is your opnion Ed?

On what?

stepinsideissue
02-02-2006, 12:57 AM
On what?

On all of this. Prison vs. instiututionalized rehab.

straightXed
02-02-2006, 01:49 PM
On all of this. Prison vs. instiututionalized rehab.

My opinion is i wouldn't set one against the other.

xbustedx
02-02-2006, 08:57 PM
"if they BREAK THE LAW I don't care if marijuna is a natural or safe substance (which it is not) THEY SHOULD SPEND TIME IN PRISON!"

"yes. in my opinion every single person that does drugs should be put in prison."

This means you are contradicting yourself.

how is this contradicting myself? in every one of those quotes I am saying the same thing
"you break the law you go to jail"

xbustedx
02-02-2006, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=xbustedx]

Instead of typing my quote you can just hit the quote button.

I'm with you that if you break the law you should be punished. That the punishment should fit the crime. If these people are institutioanlized they lose much of thier freedoms like they were in jail. Part of jail is to rehabilitate the offender into a working law abiding citizen in society. If they don't recieve the drug rehab they continue the cycle and fill up prison space that could very easily be used for others. The prisons are over crowded and the system doesn't work. Child molesters and rapists are back in society and they are the ones that should be in prison. And you can't say they aren't or we wouldn't have sex offender lists or web sites.

that may be true but I am sure there are dozens of other reasons that they are back on the streets than they had to give their spot to a drug addict.

xbustedx
02-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Actually thats not all, its not as black and white as you break the law and go to jail. Certain laws are broken with the intention of stopping other laws being broken, other laws are in place that if enforced at all times would waste a lot of time and money and be completely impractical.

I don't see how anybody doing drugs could really think that they were doing drugs to try and prevent another law from being broken.

stepinsideissue
02-03-2006, 01:48 AM
[QUOTE=stepinsideissue]

that may be true but I am sure there are dozens of other reasons that they are back on the streets than they had to give their spot to a drug addict.

You have alot of faith in the legal system.

xrissyXmoshx
02-03-2006, 03:06 AM

Marijuana is one of the safest substances known to man. The worst vices are cigarettes and alcohol, and driving cars while drunk. Smoking pot is relatively benign. You should know realize this, because most pot heads are accepting of any group of people, even people as misguided as the straight edge movement..
uhm thats WEAK ,i know i dont know any of you and stuff but first off, im a bit offended at that..stoners live more on the edge than staight edge kids???-- this is the biggest heap of bolony ive ever heard...to get my fulfilment I freakin dance and live clean and thats reward enough for me...Staying pure and not giving in to peer pressure or trying to fitting in (even though if you ask half of the kids who get high and drink , theyll say its not cos they wanna be cool or whatever..its a lie they do it for some reason weather its to run from your problems hide who you are or be like all the cool kids in your senior class) THATS what makes me high-And breaking the law?! well ive heard it many times that we should obey the rules of our land---and that is what i plan to do- I dont go out and break the law by using drugs to make my point, . Also, i run the risk of having to drive the streets with your drunk/high asses while im trying to live a good clean life, you could very well hit me in your high or drunk state and ruin it all for me ...then you make my choice of living or dying...THATS MORE ON THE EDGE than anything i know---kids who are clean have to put up with bullshit all the time--and thats not fair...i think we live more on the edge than anyone simply for the fact that we are who we are and do what we do and live how we live.I mean serioulsy how many of you have been asked WHY your edge then given shit cos its not fun? or asked if youd ever break? i thik its takes a UBBER strong person to be edge to put up with life in a positive way(unless your hate edge...much respect though) and keep up with hope instead of boozing theri problems away ...or doing it to just have fun---man its lame that someone would even say that kids who are stoners live more on teh edge--yeah they may live more on the edge but theri reason is WEAK and so are they...(since everyone is entitled to their own opinion this is mine--) well take it or leave it ...i dont agree with anything this Paul T kid has to say...i think hes lame- i think hes WEAK- but its just my opinion.

xXx

xrissyXmoshx
02-03-2006, 03:10 AM
the other side is the vast majority of the world, so you really think we need to know about it? Especially since most people who are edge have smoked, drank and did drugs in the past?

and that's why you're wasting your time.

the edge part of straight edge means advantage, as in I've got the straight edge. I don't see how doing anything over risking jail and fines wouldn't make someone better than someone that doesn't?

how is marijuana any safer than tobacco? People as misguided as the straight edge movement? How exactly are we misguided?

what "hardcore" rockers do you know? So you're friends with Mental and Righteous Jams? And all the Bridge 9 guys?

only in the sense that all music is influenced by other music. All of the music you listen to is also influenced by musicians who haven't used drugs. OH SHIT.

you respect our group but refer to us as misguided?

and i really like what this guy said haha brilliant-

xbustedx
02-03-2006, 11:12 PM
[QUOTE=xbustedx]

You have alot of faith in the legal system.

thats not entirely true its just that I am thinking logically when I say that, That there must be more reasons for them being back on the streets than they had to give their spot to a drug addict. (and appearantely a lot more than you do)

pittstonjoma
02-04-2006, 10:07 AM
The legal system isn't perfect.. There are actually a lot of dumb laws that people just don't enforce anymore.. I suggest you read up.

Personally I think drugs should be legal. I believe that less people will do them.. just like less people drank alcohol when it was legal than when it was not.

straightXed
02-04-2006, 10:57 AM
The legal system isn't perfect.. There are actually a lot of dumb laws that people just don't enforce anymore.. I suggest you read up.

Personally I think drugs should be legal. I believe that less people will do them.. just like less people drank alcohol when it was legal than when it was not.

Could you show some evidence for this alcohol statement, the amount of alcohol drunk every year has been steadily growing for a long time and i dispute that it was consumed more based on it being illegal.

xRodboi!x
02-05-2006, 11:21 AM

like the laws agains sodomy lol

stepinsideissue
02-05-2006, 06:42 PM
like the laws agains sodomy lol

Quick some one call the cops. I need to go to jail.

hXcislife
02-10-2006, 09:03 PM
I live in the PBC and there is basically one or two crews that are well know throughout the scene. the members of this crew are now defining sXe for the whole scene and i wanna know what the fuck sXe actually. I heard well lets call it the original sXe or the one not bein fabricated by this crew is no drugs no smoking no alcohol. i wanna put an end to the propaganda

xCAMIx
02-13-2006, 01:23 AM
Sex, drugs and rock and roll. Or, if your straight edge, just rock and roll. Yeah, rock and roll kicks ass. Sex? Drugs? Well, I do them alot, and I think they just might be ok too. I'm not straight edge. I'm simply bringing a message from...the other side. Get off the site. your just trying to piss some people off, which at 2am you have done to me. Edge site, you see the word marajuana used in a positive way besides your statement? No. That's because it's not for tokers.

Thats a reason why I'm edge. Im trying to be the shephard in this messed up world, trying to make a difference. Striving for a better way. I'm an example. These are doing life right. And as far as Im' concerned,"fucking" and sex are different. There's "fucking" and then there's showing a huge display of love to your main soulmate

Ive never heard a weaker stand. What the heck is wrong with you?! Stoners hurt themselves,and they are failures in life, and they have no concept. They are born to die. There is no talent in not being arrested. Look, I'm doing it just sitting here. See? Pathetic.

Yeah, Try Tellin' Choke from Slapshot that crap. Were not rockers. GG Allin was a rocker. KISS was. hXc ain't rock. And hxc isn't refering to how idiodic or how self destructive you can be.[/QUOTE]

The sound is, not the culture. hxc was derived from punk. Minor Threat was sick of seeing how punk was so over- filled with drugs, so they started this movement. Kid , you need a music history lesson.

Your pissin me off. I respect your opinion, but it's so bogus that it pisses me of. Why would you get on an sxe site and say demoralizing things like that if you reallyrespect us?!