IPiercedMyBrain: why no caffiene?
Cameron Immortal: mm water and GLAZED krispy kkremes
IPiercedMyBrain: don't need it? lol
Cameron Immortal: im workin on 7 and 8
Cameron Immortal: lol
IPiercedMyBrain: glazed are good too
IPiercedMyBrain: !
Cameron Immortal: um caffiene's not edge and it shows weakness
Cameron Immortal: people who are energy deprived need caffiene...weaklings....i make my own energy....grah!
IPiercedMyBrain: lol
IPiercedMyBrain: i didn't know that was an edge thing
Cameron Immortal: cafffienes a drug
IPiercedMyBrain: ohhh

straightXed
07-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Cameron Immortal: mm krispy kremes
IPiercedMyBrain: i like those
IPiercedMyBrain: they used to sell them at giant
IPiercedMyBrain: but they don't anymore ;(
IPiercedMyBrain: i like the chocolate brownie kind
Cameron Immortal: i don't eat chocolate
IPiercedMyBrain: realllllllly?
IPiercedMyBrain: how do you live?
Cameron Immortal: without caffiene
IPiercedMyBrain: haha
IPiercedMyBrain: you're crazy
Cameron Immortal: ha
Cameron Immortal: people who are energy deprived need caffiene...weaklings....i make my own energy....grah!

You avoid chocolate? You realise theres not enough caffeine in it to effect you right? By this logic you should also avoid condaments and juice drinks that have trace ammounts of alcohol.

mouseman004
07-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Cameron Immortal: mm krispy kremes
IPiercedMyBrain: i like those
IPiercedMyBrain: they used to sell them at giant
IPiercedMyBrain: but they don't anymore ;(
IPiercedMyBrain: i like the chocolate brownie kind
Cameron Immortal: i don't eat chocolate
IPiercedMyBrain: realllllllly?
IPiercedMyBrain: how do you live?
Cameron Immortal: without caffiene
IPiercedMyBrain: haha
IPiercedMyBrain: you're crazy
Cameron Immortal: ha

Your right, everybody who drinks coke or any sort of cola, does it because they are weak and need a burst of energy..

xCrucialDudex
07-22-2006, 01:40 AM
You avoid chocolate? You realise theres not enough caffeine in it to effect you right?

I think I didn't really get it. There's almost no caffeine in chocolate to harm one. right? Is it what you mean. Sorry, just wanted to make it obvious for myself.

SgtD
07-22-2006, 02:49 AM
I think I didn't really get it. There's almost no caffeine in chocolate to harm one. right? Is it what you mean. Sorry, just wanted to make it obvious for myself.
yeah, you'd have to eat like tons of it to have an effect on you.

xCrucialDudex
07-23-2006, 03:35 AM
yeah, you'd have to eat like tons of it to have an effect on you.

That's great :)

xCAMIx
08-03-2006, 02:25 PM
You avoid chocolate? You realise theres not enough caffeine in it to effect you right? By this logic you should also avoid condaments and juice drinks that have trace ammounts of alcohol.
Didn't know that. Thanks... although chocolates not to good for the weigh ins.

xCAMIx
08-03-2006, 02:28 PM
What's funny is alot of my friends ussually take a whole bunch of caffiene, and I still have more energy than they do..

straightXed
08-03-2006, 03:09 PM
What's funny is alot of my friends ussually take a whole bunch of caffiene, and I still have more energy than they do..

Thats because caffiene is not a source of energy.

xCAMIx
08-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Thats because caffiene is not a source of energy.
Why do people get hyped when they take energy drinks then?

xsecx
08-03-2006, 04:13 PM

the holy spirit.

straightXed
08-03-2006, 04:50 PM

You can get hyped of something as simple as an idea, kids get hyped if you suggest taking them to their favourite place, dogs get hyped when you say "walkies" - these things are not energy sources. The caffiene stimulates but doesn't provide energy to burn, so the caffiene does not give a boost rather it puts an external strain on the body (inparticular the central nervous system) by increasing work rates, if you are low on energy caffiene is bad as it will generally make the body demand more energy. This is why the drinks are crammed with sugar or false sugar, as the caffiene makes a demand of the body. However the sugar alone doesn't give a boost especially in the format the sugar is provided - these sugar forms require a lot of work from the body to turn into a relative energy form and extensive sugar will actually make you more tired. Energy drinks will give the body an influx of chemicals to deal with which will give the effect of a boost but essentially it gets your body working overtime from the caffiene with a lot more work to do to burn the sugar making it a source of false energy. It actually doesn't make sense to drink these drinks for energy as the short boost outweighs the work it demands the body. This is why athletes don't use that crap, the other thing about the caffiene is its diuretic nature - the best thing to conserve and continue to have the body create energy is to remain hydrated. Water does a great job of this and helps alertness and focus without the draw backs of caffiene, obviously it doesn't supply the energy but the best thing for that would be something like a fast burning carb (like a banana) to easily and quickly bind with the bodies fat source to make a readily available energy influx - this doesn't make the demands on the body like energy drinks do. Well theres a rant about why energy drinks suck but the point is caffiene doesn't provide energy heres an example of this if you don't wanna take my word for it which you probably won't!

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/dec96/848283416.Me.r.html

xCAMIx
08-03-2006, 05:26 PM
the holy spirit.
Hahaha.

xCAMIx
08-03-2006, 05:32 PM
You can get hyped of something as simple as an idea, kids get hyped if you suggest taking them to their favourite place, dogs get hyped when you say "walkies" - these things are not energy sources. The caffiene stimulates but doesn't provide energy to burn, so the caffiene does not give a boost rather it puts an external strain on the body (inparticular the central nervous system) by increasing work rates, if you are low on energy caffiene is bad as it will generally make the body demand more energy. This is why the drinks are crammed with sugar or false sugar, as the caffiene makes a demand of the body. However the sugar alone doesn't give a boost especially in the format the sugar is provided - these sugar forms require a lot of work from the body to turn into a relative energy form and extensive sugar will actually make you more tired. Energy drinks will give the body an influx of chemicals to deal with which will give the effect of a boost but essentially it gets your body working overtime from the caffiene with a lot more work to do to burn the sugar making it a source of false energy. It actually doesn't make sense to drink these drinks for energy as the short boost outweighs the work it demands the body. This is why athletes don't use that crap, the other thing about the caffiene is its diuretic nature - the best thing to conserve and continue to have the body create energy is to remain hydrated. Water does a great job of this and helps alertness and focus without the draw backs of caffiene, obviously it doesn't supply the energy but the best thing for that would be something like a fast burning carb (like a banana) to easily and quickly bind with the bodies fat source to make a readily available energy influx - this doesn't make the demands on the body like energy drinks do. Well theres a rant about why energy drinks suck but the point is caffiene doesn't provide energy heres an example of this if you don't wanna take my word for it which you probably won't!

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/dec96/848283416.Me.r.html

Actually suprising to myself I actually took your word before the link. Theres like 3 kids on my wrestling team who've taken Red Bull before matches and tournaments thinking theyr'e gonna do so well and they always, ALWAYS do horrible when they drink it. I notice I get hyped more around my friends than anywhere else, I even noticed that before edge.

But ya know what I hate? When kids find out, and come up to me, I'll be eatin somethin like a clementine and they'll be like "You know that has caffiene?" when it doesn't, or when you wear a shirt like Terror and some stupid kid comes up just to piss you off and says " Oh, man, you know your shirt says Terror , are you down with AlQueda or somethin'?" Makes me wanna slap em'...just gettin' some offa my chest.

mouseman004
08-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Actually suprising to myself I actually took your word before the link. Theres like 3 kids on my wrestling team who've taken Red Bull before matches and tournaments thinking theyr'e gonna do so well and they always, ALWAYS do horrible when they drink it. I notice I get hyped more around my friends than anywhere else, I even noticed that before edge.

But ya know what I hate? When kids find out, and come up to me, I'll be eatin somethin like a clementine and they'll be like "You know that has caffiene?" when it doesn't, or when you wear a shirt like Terror and some stupid kid comes up just to piss you off and says " Oh, man, you know your shirt says Terror , are you down with AlQueda or somethin'?" Makes me wanna slap em'...just gettin' some offa my chest.

Red Bull does give you a burst energy, but its not necessarily the caffiene. All of its ingredients are designed to give you an energy high.

straightXed
08-04-2006, 01:27 AM
Red Bull does give you a burst energy, but its not necessarily the caffiene. All of its ingredients are designed to give you an energy high.

All of its ingredients are designed to make you feel like you have an energy high but its not actually doing anything positive for your energy levels because of how your body works in breaking it all down.