PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Chocolates

CarlaRant
01-20-2009, 07:35 PM
For those who are into the whole chocolates and flower thing for Valentine's Day...

http://chocolatedecadence.com/product.htm#newest

optimismdefeats
02-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Vegan chocolates are probaly pretty good, made with soy milk rather than traditonal

CarlaRant
02-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Vegan chocolates are probaly pretty good, made with soy milk rather than traditonal

Yes, yes they are.

Just-a-fool
03-23-2009, 03:10 AM
I can asure that in classic belgian chocolate only the butter of cacao is used and the chocolate on its own is 100% vegan... or at least under my interpretation of vegan.
Since Belgium is the only chocolate producing country that actually has a law forbidding it to use any other oils or fats but cacaobutter in chocolate

straightXed
03-23-2009, 10:49 AM
I can asure that in classic belgian chocolate only the butter of cacao is used and the chocolate on its own is 100% vegan... or at least under my interpretation of vegan.
Since Belgium is the only chocolate producing country that actually has a law forbidding it to use any other oils or fats but cacaobutter in chocolate

sounds like a pretty restrictive law.

Just-a-fool
03-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Belgium is however n#1 chocolate country
(some say its swiss, i dont believe that... tho i like Toblerone)
This law is what put us over all the rest when it comes to quality.

straightXed
03-24-2009, 06:45 AM
Belgium is however n#1 chocolate country
(some say its swiss, i dont believe that... tho i like Toblerone)
This law is what put us over all the rest when it comes to quality.

i'm not hugely keen on belgian chocolate anyway but i had to have a look into this because i misunderstood you. So its just chocolate labelled as "belgian chocolate" that are subject to this code but a product that is made with beligian chocolate in part can be labelled as "made with belgian chocolate". Apparently from what i read though, there is no legal weight and the code is not compulsory. The aim seems to be to ensure products labelled as belgian chocolate are actually made in belgium, so more focus on country of origin than anything else. Like even if the chocolate is made in exactly the same way in germany it can't be called belgian - incidently i quite like german chocolate! However, if for instance a chocolate praline is made with a poor quality praline filling but is coated with authentic belgian chocolate, it is refered to as "belgian" so this is a flaw in the code in regards to quality...Also you could make a poor quality praline and just use a percentage of belgian made chocolate alongside some other chocolate and still be allowed to refer to the product as "chocolate pralines - made with belgian chocolate". So its not as restrictive as i thought it was but it is interesting none the less.

CarlaRant
03-24-2009, 08:42 PM

That's great. Too bad I'm not in Belgium.

Just-a-fool
03-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Its true that the so called law is more of a guideline that only trusts in the good will of the chocolateproducers.

I should rly try German chocolate some day then :D I've only eaten swiss, belgian and african chocolate before.

straightXed
03-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Its true that the so called law is more of a guideline that only trusts in the good will of the chocolateproducers.

I should rly try German chocolate some day then :D I've only eaten swiss, belgian and african chocolate before.

its good stuff, i quite like swiss stuff like lindt too.

x JAMES x
03-25-2009, 06:45 PM
I fucking love vegan chocolates. OH MY GOD.

easy
04-02-2009, 10:01 AM
god those look fucking good i havent had chocolate in so long! although here in manila theres a place that makes vegan chocolate cake that is just plain awesome!