PDA

View Full Version : No Pop?

XxXmichelleXxX
01-24-2004, 10:44 PM
so im under the impression from this website that if u consider yourself edge you cannot drink pop(soda)?

xsecx
01-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by XxXmichelleXxX
so im under the impression from this website that if u consider yourself edge you cannot drink pop(soda)?

caffeine is the thing. the fac that it's in a ton of soda presents a problem.

xDOUGxDIGGLERx
01-25-2004, 11:10 AM
i have gone off them now i've grown up, way too sweet, it aint and edge thing, its just i don't like it

sabresnmets
01-25-2004, 12:47 PM
i used to drink it all of the time and now it will be on the ocasional party that my family is having. but never with my friends cause i would always be drinking it.

XxXmichelleXxX
01-25-2004, 07:47 PM
what i was getting at, is well i concider myself edge, but yah know i like to have a soda every once and a while, usualy only 1 a day, at lunch (im a big milk drinker, sorry all u vegans.) but can i still call myself edge even though there is obv. caffine in my pop.

xsecx
01-25-2004, 07:51 PM
what i was getting at, is well i concider myself edge, but yah know i like to have a soda every once and a while, usualy only 1 a day, at lunch (im a big milk drinker, sorry all u vegans.) but can i still call myself edge even though there is obv. caffine in my pop.

of course. but the whole point is to get people to look at themselves and why they do the things they do. make people better.

l

AskingForIt
01-26-2004, 11:46 AM
so u can still be edge and not be vegen or ban urslef from caffiene bcause caffeine is even in so medicines...

xsecx
01-26-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by AskingForIt
so u can still be edge and not be vegen or ban urslef from caffiene bcause caffeine is even in so medicines...

huh?

straightXed
01-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by xsecx
huh?

it means we can all have a crack habbit i think

AskingForIt
01-26-2004, 02:53 PM
i meant can you still be straightedge and drink caffiene occassionally and can you still be edge even if your not a vegen

xvunderx
01-26-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by AskingForIt
i meant can you still be straightedge and drink caffiene occassionally and can you still be edge even if your not a vegen

Of course you can be edge and not vegan. On the caffine note, forget about staight edge for a second, and if you are against drugs, then ask yourself where caffine would fit into that, as it is a drug after all.

This whole caffine deal has made me ask why people don't think about it in terms of themselves. If a person is going to be strongly anti recrational drugs in one sence, but not in all. Think about it on a personal level and see what answer you yourself come up with.

XxXmichelleXxX
01-26-2004, 08:54 PM
haha i just said the vegan thing cuz when i was working for the warped tour i worked in the food area backstage where we served bands and roadies and crew memebers lunch and dinner, and i was always w/ the vegan meals. and after being around Boca that long...never...ahha. and bout caffine in medicines. yah i personaly hated that fact. cuz it was always in my migrain meds, and it just made it worse. damn that Exedrin Migrain.

xsecx
01-26-2004, 08:57 PM
haha i just said the vegan thing cuz when i was working for the warped tour i worked in the food area backstage where we served bands and roadies and crew memebers lunch and dinner, and i was always w/ the vegan meals. and after being around Boca that long...never...ahha. and bout caffine in medicines. yah i personaly hated that fact. cuz it was always in my migrain meds, and it just made it worse. damn that Exedrin Migrain.

yeah, but it's medicine. the only other alternative you have is to talk to doctors and see if there is something else they could give you. but for the most part, caffeine is effective in treating headaches.

XxXmichelleXxX
01-26-2004, 09:39 PM
oh i got something that had a little more strength, but no caffine, just cuz i dont think it really works. but i hate my doctor, shes a hillbilly that needs 2 move back to texas. :)

Baby Doll
01-29-2004, 02:32 PM
i don't like soda and never did ..heh..

Xx.Becky.xX
01-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Its not easy to get off soda I have to admit. You become so reliant on the stuff that it becomes a necessity.
My mum has a stock of Diet Coke in the fridge, we have more of that stuff than water!
I've put a stop to having it 2-3 times a day though and it's become more like once every 1-2 days.

xsecx
01-30-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Xx.Becky.xX
Its not easy to get off soda I have to admit. You become so reliant on the stuff that it becomes a necessity.
My mum has a stock of Diet Coke in the fridge, we have more of that stuff than water!
I've put a stop to having it 2-3 times a day though and it's become more like once every 1-2 days.

I just couldn't imagine drinking that much carbination in a day. like even when I have a sprite every once in a while or root beer I can only drink so much of it because I get annoyed by the carbination.

XxXmichelleXxX
01-31-2004, 12:45 PM
holly crap! i know exactly what you mean xSECx, for the longest time i couldnt even drink coke just because the carbination in it was soo strong it made my eyes water just to have a big sip.

xsecx
01-31-2004, 02:53 PM
holly crap! i know exactly what you mean xSECx, for the longest time i couldnt even drink coke just because the carbination in it was soo strong it made my eyes water just to have a big sip.

yeah when I was a kid I used to either drink coke warm from the can over ice, just so it would kill some of the carbination or open it and leave for a little bit and come back to it. otherwise it felt like it was eating my teeth away.

Xx.Becky.xX
02-01-2004, 12:30 AM
Why didn't you just 'not' drink it?
I really like the stuff though, I can't help it, I think it's cuz i've been raised on it so long. It doesn't make me any less edge though right?

xsecx
02-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Xx.Becky.xX
Why didn't you just 'not' drink it?
I really like the stuff though, I can't help it, I think it's cuz i've been raised on it so long. It doesn't make me any less edge though right?

no, but not everything has to do with being edge.

sabresnmets
02-01-2004, 11:34 AM
yeah it sucks that its such a big issue to people that arent edge. i drink soda maybe once a week sometimes more, my friend drinks beer less frequently than i drink soda. he claims that he is more edge, cause i drink soda more than he drinks beer.

Xx.Becky.xX
02-02-2004, 05:20 AM
I dont agree with that...
Wouldn't beer cause more damage to you then an ordinary soda would? Not just physically but psychologically too.

sabresnmets
02-02-2004, 06:16 PM
most people would agree

XxXmichelleXxX
02-07-2004, 11:41 PM
no ones writtin in my thread for a while, im feelin lika loser, thought id say HI!

xvunderx
02-07-2004, 11:47 PM
no ones writtin in my thread for a while, im feelin lika loser, thought id say HI!

hello!!!

xsecx
02-08-2004, 12:23 AM

well, you haven't written in any of the other threads either...